Eating fatty, cold water fish at least twice a week can contribute positively to the overall health of the body. Omega 3 fish oil is obtained from fish tissue. Not just any fish. It is gotten from salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, sardines, and lake trout. These cold water fishes have a high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids.
Why is omega-3 fish oil so important to our health?
Omega 3 fish oil is made up of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). These acids are necessary for the body to function optimally.
1. Vision enhancement: Several clinical studies have proven that sufficient amounts of omega 3 in the diet of pregnant women is crucial for visual developments in infants. For adults, omega 3 fish oil defends your vision against macular degeneration and reduces the risk of age-related eye disorder.
2. Consuming a moderate quantity of omega 3 fish oil is likely to prevent high blood pressure. Omega fish oil promotes higher HDL ( good cholesterol) and cuts down triglyceride (bad cholesterol). Fish oil is effective in the treatment of hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), by stopping the development of plaque and blood clots in the arteries.
3. Wondering what one of the best-kept secrets to healthy skin is? You’ve found it. Revitalize dry skin and have a wrinkle-free skin. Start taking omega fish oil supplements for that glow you’ve always wanted. For added benefits, you can use odorless fish oil topically.
4. Shed some weight: Research suggests that fish oil stimulates dormant fat cells and transforms them into an active state to be burned for energy. It’s a sure way to curb appetite in healthy people who adhere to a weight loss diet. It doesn’t apply to everyone though.
5. Ease joint pain and inflammation: Patients with rheumatoid arthritis can now heave a sigh of relief. Studies have exhibited that omega fish oil supplements lessened arthritic pain. This is safer than using Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
6. For fertility and pregnancy: omega fish oil boosts fertility in men and women. DHA aids sperm health and mobility in men. In women, it balances the hormones and regulates the menstrual cycle. Studies have shown that omega-3 fatty acid is successful in treating some causes of infertility like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and endometriosis.
7. Flaky scalp? Not anymore. A deficiency in EPA and DHA in the diet can lead to dandruff and thinning hair. Ingesting omega 3 fish oil supplements, alongside vitamin E and biotin, would keep the flakes at bay and restore your tresses back to normal. Welcome shiny and lustrous hair.
8. Omega 3 fats are good for brain cell membranes. It helps in the formation of new brain cells. The essential fatty acids in omega fish oil improve your memory and protect your brain against brain diseases such as dementia and depression. Now you don’t have any excuse to forget your boss’s birthday.
The Service offers health, fitness and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.